Dr. Simran Jeet Singh did his PhD from IIT Roorkee in the year 2019 in the field of smart materials and sandwich structures. He received Master degree from NIT Kurukshetra and Bachelor degree from Kurukshetra University in Mechanical Engineering in the year 2013 and 2009, respectively. He is a recipient of Gold Medal for being the best graduating student of the year 2013 of M. Tech Design from NIT Kurukshetra. His research interests includes nonlinear static and dynamic analysis of structures, study of perfect and imperfect smart structures, semi-analytical methods, bio-inspired materials etc. He has published in more than 15 peer reviewed international journals and conference proceedings. He is also a recipient of best paper award from the conference. He has 6.5 years of teaching experience and also involved in consultancy project work from different government agencies such as THDC-Tehri, BHEL-Haridwar, RDSO-Lucknow.
Plates and Structures, Computational Mechanics, Structural dynamics, Bio-materials, Smart materials, Functionally Graded Materials, Sandwich Structures, Semi-analytical methods, Bio-inspired materials
1. Singh SJ, Harsha SP. Thermal Buckling of porous symmetric and non-symmetric sandwich plate with homogenous core and S-FGM face sheets resting on the Pasternak Foundation. International Journal of Mechanics and Material in Design, Springer Publishers, 2020. [IF – 3.480]
2. Singh SJ, Harsha SP. Analysis of porosity effect on free vibration and buckling responses for sandwich sigmoid function based functionally graded material plate resting on Pasternak foundation using Galerkin Vlasov’s method. Journal of Sandwich Structures & Materials, SAGE, 2020. [IF-5.616]
3. Singh SJ, Harsha SP. Thermo-mechanical analysis of porous sandwich S-FGM plate for different boundary conditions using Galerkin Vlasov's method: A semi-analytical approach. Thin Walled Structures, Elsevier, 2020. [IF-4.033]
4. Singh SJ, Nataraj C. Harsha SP. Nonlinear dynamic analysis of a sandwich plate with S-FGM face sheets and homogenous core subjected to harmonic excitation. Journal of Sandwich Structures & Materials, SAGE, 2020. [IF-5.616]
5. Kumar V, Singh SJ, Saran VH and Harsha SP. Exact solution for free vibration analysis of linearly varying thickness FGM plate using Galerkin-Vlasov’s method. IMeche Part L: Journal of Materials: Design and Applications, Sage Publishers, 2020. [IF – 2.014]
6. Kumar V, Shah VA, Singh SJ, Narwat K and Sharma SC. Rotor-dynamic performance of porous hydrostatic thrust bearing operating under magnetic field. Industrial Lubrication and Tribology, Emerald Publishers, 2020. [IF – 0.798]
7. Kumar V, Singh SJ, Saran VH and Harsha SP. Vibration characteristics of porous FGM plate with variable thickness resting on Pasternak's foundation. European Journal of Mechanics-A/Solids, Elsevier, 2019. [IF-3.786]
8. Singh SJ, Harsha SP. Nonlinear dynamic analysis of sandwich S-FGM plate resting on Pasternak foundation under thermal environment. European Journal of Mechanics-A/Solids, Elsevier, 2019. [IF-3.786]
9. Singh SJ, Harsha SP. Exact solution for Free Vibration and Buckling of sandwich S-FGM Plates on Pasternak Elastic Foundation with Various Boundary Conditions. International Journal of Structural Stability and Dynamics, World Scientific, 2019. [IF-2.015]
10. Singh SJ, Harsha SP. Buckling analysis of FGM plates under uniform, linear and non-linear in-plane loading. Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, Springer, 2019. [IF-1.345]
11. Singh SJ, Harsha SP. Nonlinear Vibration Analysis of Sigmoid Functionally Graded Sandwich Plate with Ceramic-FGM Metal Layers. Journal of Vibration Engineering and Technologies, Springer, 2018. [IF-0.537]
12. Kumar V, Singh SJ, Saran VH and Harsha SP. An analytical framework for rectangular FGM tapered plate resting on the elastic foundation. Materials Today: Proceedings, Elsevier, 2020. [Scopus]
13. Singh SJ, Harsha SP. Static Analysis of Functionally Graded Plate Using Nonlinear Classical Plate Theory with Von-Karman Strains. International Journal of Applied Mechanics and Engineering, De Gruyter, 2018. [Scopus]
14. Singha SK, Singh SJ. Analysis and Optimization of Sand Casting Defects with the Help of Artificial Neural Network. International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology, 2015.
15. Singh SJ, Gupta M. Comparison of particle swarm optimization & simulated annealing for weight optimization of composite leaf spring. Inter. J. Of Computational Eng. & Management, 2013.
1. Singh SJ, Harsha SP. Effect of Thickness Stretching on Sandwich Plate with FGM Core and Piezoelectric Face Sheets. Recent Advances in Mechanical Engineering, Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering, Springer, pp.1091-1101, 2021.
2. Singh SJ, Harsha SP. Free Vibration Analysis of Sandwich Plate with Honeycomb Core and FGM Face sheets. Advances in Systems Engineering, Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering, pp. 905-917, Springer, 2021.
3. Kumar V, Singh SJ, Saran VH and Harsha SP. Effect of Foundation on Free Vibration of Tapered Functionally Graded Material Plate. Advances in Systems Engineering, Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering, pp. 889-904, Springer, 2021.
4. Singh SJ, Harsha SP. Static Analysis of Functionally Graded Plate Using Nonlinear Classical Plate Theory with Von-Karman Strains: A complex solution analysis. Advances in Engineering Design, Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering, pp. 1-20, Springer, 2019.
1. Singh SJ, Harsha SP. Effect of thickness stretching on sandwich plate with FGM core and piezoelectric face sheets. Proceedings of 2nd International Conference on Recent Advances in Mechanical Engineering (RAME 2020) held at DTU Delhi, 17-18th September 2020.
2. Singh SJ, Harsha SP. Free vibration analysis of sandwich plate with honeycomb core and FGM facesheets. Proceedings of 43rd National Systems Conference on Innovative and Emerging Trends in Engineering Systems (NSC 2019), IIT Roorkee, 6-8th December 2019.
3. Kumar V, Singh SJ, Saran VH and Harsha SP. Effect of foundation on free vibration of tapered functionally graded material plate. Proceedings of 43rd National Systems Conference on Innovative and Emerging Trends in Engineering Systems (NSC 2019), IIT Roorkee, 6-8th December 2019.
4. Singh SJ, Harsha SP. Static Analysis of Functionally Graded Plate Using Nonlinear Classical Plate Theory with Von-Karman Strains: A complex solution analysis. Proceedings of 1st International conference on Future Learning Aspects of Mechanical Engineering (FLAME-2018), Amity University, 3rd -5th Oct., 2018.
5. Harshavardhan I, Singh SJ. Static Structural analysis and design optimization of stallion truck chassis: Literature Review. Proceedings of National Conference on Mechanical Engineering (NCME-2014), UIET PTU, 7-8th Nov., 2014(ISBN 978-81-930353-0-6).
6. Singh SJ, Gupta M. Optimization of Composite Leaf spring for weight using Particle Swarm Optimization. Proceedings of national conference on Technical Development in Mechanical Engineering (TDME-2013), SRMSCET, Bareilly, 20th May 2013.