Dr. Nazrul Islam Khan is working as Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Netaji Subhas University of Technology (NSUT), New Delhi. He received his B.E. in Mechanical Engineering from Gauhati University, M.Tech and Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering (Specialization: Materials and Manufacturing Technology) from NIT Silchar, Assam. He also worked as Assistant Professor in GMR Institute of Technology, Rajam, AP. Dr. Khan has published in more than 20 international and nation peer reviewed journals and 8 conferences, 1 self-edited full book and 1 book chapter. He has filed one Indian Patent. Dr. Khan has 6 Years teaching and research experience in the field of Nanotechnology, nanocomposites, multiscale laminated composites, smart materials, adhesive joining of similar and dissimilar joints, self-healing CFRP composites, phase materials, building materials etc. Dr. Khan is also a life time associate member of Institute of Engineers India (IEI).
Self-Healing Materials, Phase Change Materials, Nanotechnology and nano-materials, Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polymer (CFRP) composites, Adhesive joining of similar and dissimilar materials.
1. Nazrul Islam Khan, Sudipta Haldera, Nabajyoti Talukdar, Subhankar Das, M.S. Goyat. Surface oxidized/silanized graphite nanoplatelets for reinforcing an epoxy matrix. Materials Chemistry and Physics 258 (2021) 123851.
2. Nazrul Islam Khan, Sudipta Halder, Subhankar Das, M.S. Goyat. Graphitic nanoparticles functionalized with epoxy moiety for enhancing the mechanical performance of hybrid CFRP laminated composites. Polymer Composites 42 (2021) 678-692.
3. Subhankar Das, Sudipta Halder, Nazrul Islam Khan, Bappi Paul, M.S .Goyat. Assessing damage mitigation by silanized milled graphite nanoparticles in hybrid GFRP laminated composites. Composites Part A 132 (2020) 105784.
4. Nazrul Islam Khan, Sudipta Halder, Subhankar Das, Jialai Wang. Exfoliation level of aggregated graphitic nanoplatelets by oxidation followed by silanization on controlling mechanical and nanomechanical performance of hybrid CFRP composites. Composite Part B 173 (2019) 106855.
5. Nazrul Islam Khan, Sudipta Halder, Jialai Wang. “Diels-Alder based epoxy matrix and interfacial healing of bismaleimide grafted GNP infused hybrid nanocomposites”. Polymer Testing 74 (2019) 138-151.
6. Nazrul Islam Khan, Sudipta Halder, M.S. Goyat. “Effect of epoxy resin and hardener containing microcapsules on healing efficiency of epoxy adhesive based metal joints”. Materials Chemistry and Physics 171 (2016) 267-275.
7. Nazrul Islam Khan, Sudipta Halder & M. S. Goyat. “Influence of dual-component microcapsules on self-healing efficiency and performance of metal-epoxy composite-lap joints”. The Journal of Adhesion 93 (2017) 949-963.
8. Pannalal Choudhury, Sudipta Halder, Nazrul Islam Khan, Krishna Murari Pandey, Jialai Wang. “Enhanced crack suppression ability of hybrid glass fiber reinforced laminated composites fabricated using GNP/epoxy system by optimized UDM parameters” Ultrasonics - Sonochemistry 39 (2017) 174–187.
9. Subhankar Das, Sudipta Halder, Arijit Sinha, Muhammad Imam, and Nazrul Islam Khan “Assessing Nano Scratch Behavior of Epoxy Nanocomposite Toughened with Silanized Fullerene”. ACS Appl. Nano Mater., 7 (2018) 3653–3662.
10. Sudipta Halder, Tankeshwar Prasad, Nazrul Islam Khan, Sri Ram Chauhan, M.S. Goyat “Superior Mechanical Properties of Poly Vinyl Alcohol-Assisted ZnO Nanoparticle Reinforced Epoxy Composites” Materials Chemistry and Physics 192 (2017) 198-209.
11. Animesh Sinha, Nazrul Islam Khan, Subhankar Das, Jiawei Zhang, Sudipta Halder. “Effect of reactive and non-reactive diluents on thermal and mechanical properties of epoxy resin”. High Performance Polymers 30 (2017) 1159-1168.
12. Ikbal Choudhury, Sudipta Halder, Nazrul Islam Khan, Abhinav Mathur, Writuparna Nath, Aniruddha Phukan. “Effect of TETA Microcapsules on Self-Healing Ability of Dual Component Epoxy System” Adv. Mater. Lett. 2016, 7(10), 100-150.
13. Subhanka Das, Sudipta Halder, Nazrul Islam Khan. Surface Silanization of Recycled Chopped Carbon Fiber. International Journal of Engineering, Applied and Management Sciences Paradigms 2019 (54) 1.
14. Nazrul Islam Khan, Sudipta Halder, Shashi Bhushan Gunjan. Bismaleimide functionalization of GNP for Diels-Alder based self-healing of epoxy nanocomposites. International Conference on Processing and Characterization of Materials (ICPCM-2020), NIT Rourkela, India.
15. Nazrul Islam Khan, Sudipta Halder, M.S. Goyat “Tuning the size of self-healing epoxy-filled microcapsules by amending their synthesis process parameters”. International Conference on Materials Science-2017 and accepted in Materials Today Proceedings.
16. Nazrul Islam Khan, Sudipta Halder, M.S. Goyat “Effect of emulsifier on the properties of capsules for fabricating healing enabled next generation adhesive joints” International Conference on Surface Modification Technologies (SMT30).
17. Nazrul Islam Khan, Sudipta Halder, Shashi Bhushan Gunjan. Bismaleimide functionalization of GNP for Diels-Alder based self-healing of epoxy nanocomposites. 2nd International Conference on Processing and Characterization of Materials (ICPCM-2019), NIT Rourkela, Odisha, India.
18. N I Khan, S Halder, S B Gunjan, T Prasad “A review on Diels-Alder based self-healing polymer composites”. Materials Science and Engineering 377 (2018) 012007. ICMMRE-2017, SMIT, Sikkim, India.
19. S Das, N I Khan, S Halder. Thermo-mechanical stability of epoxy composites induced with surface silanized recycled carbon fibers. Materials Science and Engineering 377 (2018) 012172. ICMMRE-2017, SMIT, Sikkim, India.
20. Subhankar Das, Sudipta Halder, and Nazrul Islam Khan. Influence of acoustic cavitation mixing on tensile and fracture properties of oxidized fullerene-epoxy nanocomposites. International Conference on Nanotechnology: Ideas, Innovations & Initiatives-2017 (ICN:3i-2017) on 6–8 December 2017 at IIT Roorkee, India.
21. Nazrul Islam Khan, Sudipta Halder, M.S. Goyat. Tuning the size of self-healing epoxy-filled microcapsules by amending their synthesis process parameters. MRSI North-East Symposium on Advanced Materials for Sustainable Applications.
22. Nazrul Islam Khan, Sudipta Halder, M.S. Goyat “Mechanical properties of epoxy composites modified with reactive and non-reactive diluents”. RISE-2017, Research Conclave, NIT Silchar.
1. Nazrul Islam Khan, Sudipta Halder. A method of grafting of graphitic nanoplatelets with bismaleimide and furfurylamine for Diels-Alder based self-healing of CFRP laminated composites. IN Patent (2019). Application No: 201931045436.
2. A method of grafting of graphitic nanoplatelets with bismaleimide and furfurylamine for Diels-Alder based self-healing of CFRP laminated composites. US Patent NITSCRN008 Novelty Search (Under Filing Process)
Book/Book Chapter Publications:
1. Nazrul Islam Khan, Sudipta Halder. Self-healing fiber-reinforced polymer composites for their potential structural applications. Chapter 15 self-healing polymer-based systems (Elsevier) ISBN: 9780128184509.
2. Nazrul Islam Khan, Self-Healing Adhesive Joints, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing OmniScriptum AraPers GmbH Haroldstrade 14, D-40217 Dusseldorf, ISBN (978-620-2-05623-6).